Re: exporting some tables from Oracle 8.1.6 to Oracle 8.1.5

From: Andy Cowling <andy_at_redeye.com>
Date: 2000/05/18

    Shannon> Oracle 7 does not recognize the Oracle 8 exp format.  If
    Shannon> I use a remote dblink and try to exp from the Oracle 7
    Shannon> database (eg. exp user/password_at_DatabaseA tables=...), it
    Shannon> says "Exp-00024: Expor views not installed" I'm guessing
    Shannon> that is because the oracle 8 export views are different
    Shannon> than the oracle 7 ones.

I have a similar problem trying to export a user schema from a new shiny, Oracle 8.1.6.0 (linux) to old crusty 8.1.5.0.2 (Linux) although I can export SYS and SYSTEM schemas successfully.

I have run 'catexp.sql' as SYS on the 8.1.6 instance and can export locally on the 8.1.6 server. Is this a bug ?

$ exp system/****_at_ora816

User to be exported: (RETURN to quit) > andy

About to export ANDY's objects ...
. exporting database links
. exporting sequence numbers
. exporting cluster definitions
. about to export ANDY's tables via Conventional Path ...
. . exporting table DEBUG 0 rows exported
. . exporting table DUMMY 58 rows exported

. exporting job queues
. exporting refresh groups and children
. exporting dimensions
EXP-00008: ORACLE error 942 encountered
ORA-00942: table or view does not exist
EXP-00024: Export views not installed, please notify your DBA
EXP-00000: Export terminated unsuccessfully