Re: Developer 2000 Report Builder

From: Larry <lculver_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/05/17

Let me make some assumptions about what you are wanting to do.

You have a field F_1 which is variable length and to the right of it you have another field or frame or whatever F_2. You want F_2 to display next to F_1 with only one space inbetween the two. Since F_1 is variable your having problems placing F_2.

If this is not what you are trying to do then I'm clueless, perhaps you could post with more details.

Otherwise:

You could create an explicit anchor from F_2 to F_1 that will keep F_2 in the same position relative to F_1 no matter how long or short it is.

OR

If both of these are simple text fields (not expected to produce multiple lines) you could create a formula column and concatinate the two:

Return( :C_1||' '||:C_2);

Hope this helps,

Larry

In article <8fqqc8$8a4$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   Julian.Portmann_at_gmx.net wrote:
> Any idea how to get a blank on the "right" side of a field (right side
> of the data). Field Format Mask? Wildcard?
>
> thanks
>
> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed May 17 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message