Re: Need to recompile reports 3.0

From: Dr. Hans-Dieter Wehe <hans-dieter_at_wehe.de>
Date: 2000/05/17

when connecting to a different database during runtime than the one you were connected during generation causes this error. As far as i found out this happens, if there ar program units doing a sql-statment on the database. we solved the problem as follows: we have defined a role with access-rights to the tables. this role is granted to the application user, but the user has this role not by default.
create role myapp_user identified by xyz; grant select any table to myapp_user ;
grant myapp_user to application_user;
alter user myapp_user default role none ; In the reports builder select in the object browser on top of the tree the report name and in the property palette enter this role (i currently do not now the property but i think it is the last entry in the property palette).
in this way the application user cannot acces the data outside the application (e.g. viw sql/plus) while he has a report open. From now on you must always enter the roles password ("xyz" in the obove example) when you open it in the report builder. by the way: be happy not to work with graphics...same problem, no workaround