Re: User Friendly Front-End Client for Oracle 8?

From: Peter Connolly <peter_at_wpi.edu>
Date: 2000/05/17

I use SQL-station. It gives a view similar to Windows Explorer. It shows all schemas as folders which contain several items inside (Tables, Views, Synonyms, etc) which can be further expanded to show all individual items. In addition to this you can type in and save queries. You can open a table and edit the data directly instead of writing DML statements (the interface just displays the table as a spreadsheet).

A really cool feature of Platinum's SQL-station is the query optimizer (I believe it costs extra). You can write several queries and have SQL-station analyze different aspects of the queries, including the relative costs, the number of reads and writes, CPU time... Then it will give you a side-by-side comparison of how each query performed.

I beleive they have a 30 day demo, but I don't have the address for it :-(

-Peter