Re: Dev 2000 - forms eating up memory

From: tope <apsantos_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/05/10

Client/Server applications in Windows eat a lot of memory. We changed to O.A.S. (thin client/browser based). The Forms are translated to java applets in the server that runs OAS and the reports to PDF. The memory remains unchangeable.

Antonio Pedro Santos

In article <vApP4.101421$2D6.2584183_at_news20.bellglobal.com>,   "Colt5" <Colt5_at_interlog.com> wrote:
> We currently deployed a new billing application using an Developer
 2000
> Forms and Reports runtime out to 700 machines. The database resides on
> nice HP V Class server. The deployment was essentially running all
 Forms
> from an NT server.
>
> When Clients connect, as they open more windows/forms they use more
 memory.
> When the window/form closes, it does not release the same amount of
 memory
> as it first consumed. After a period of time the memory is used up.
 Only
> closing completely out of the designed app does all the memory that
 the
> Forms/Reports windows used when it originally launch.
>
> Now the Developer 2000 software is installed locally on persons
> workstations, but the Forms etc, are on a NT server with a share. It
 works
> perfectly except for the memory issue
>
> What we are trying to firgure out, is if its the way the connection is
 made,
> the way the Forms were designed, or something to do in the network
 client
> side.
>
> Can anyone offer some suggestions ?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed May 10 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message