Re: URL for oracle?

From: Larry <lculver_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/05/03

[Quoted] No offence intended but your post indicates to me that you do not have much experience with databases. No, there is no such thing as a URL for referencing data in an oracle database. (PLEASE! no one post about database links. That will only confuse the issue).

[Quoted] Perhaps if you were to post a description of the problem you are trying to solve...

Larry

[Quoted] In article <8enn51$1qc_at_gap.cco.caltech.edu>,   gah_at_ugcs.caltech.edu (glen herrmannsfeldt) wrote:
> I would like to know if there is a URL for referencing data
> in an oracle database. That would be similar to a file: url for
> referencing a disk file.
>
> It may or may not identify the particular record in the database,
> as I could indicate that outside the URL. It would be nice if it
> did, but is not necessary.
>
> I tried searching the sun and oracle web sites, but couldn't find
> anything. (Too many hits on URL to have any chance of finding it.)
>
> thanks,
>
> -- glen

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed May 03 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message