Re: Oracle password changed thru forms.

From: DanHW <danhw_at_aol.com>
Date: 2000/05/03

>Display a dialog box where they type in the new password twice. They must
>match. The user can click [ok] or [cancel]. If they click [ok], then issue
>DBMS_SQL to create a statement to alter the user. Execute this statement.
>It will look like : alter user <username> identified by <newpw>
>
>Username can be obtained via; Select user into local_username from dual;
>
>This form might be something that is included as an oracle demo form.
>
>"Gianc" <gcerrato_at_gerling.ca> wrote in message
>> I would like to setup a simple form which allows users to change their own
>> passwords. Any suggestions on the simplest way to do this.
>>
>> Thanks in advance
>>
>> Gian
>>
>> gcerrato_at_gerling.ca

Just some more info... Forms keeps a variable(s) with the connection info, username/password/connect string. Two things - you can ask the user to confirm their current pw before allowing them to change it. Also, after changing it, the user should be instructed to restart the application, since the internal username/pw is used to start reports (maybe other things also). If the user just changed the pw, they wil be unable to run a report.

[Quoted] Dan Hekimian-WIlliams Received on Wed May 03 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message