[SQL*Loader]Problem with infiles containing null values for date cols

From: Carsten Jacobs <carsten.jacobs_at_tool42.com>
Date: 2000/04/30

Hi
I loaded a file which has records containing null values for a date column, sqlldr loaded the record succesfully but when I tried to retrieve the data I got the error message 22007 Invalid datetime format.

The same happens with number cols but with a different error message. If there are null values for char columns everything works fine. This happens with Oracle8i on Linux.

Does anyone has an idea due to this error?

Thanks in advance Carsten

Table tt

id number,
startdate date,
surname varchar(80)

Infile

1 TAB TAB Meyer
2 TAB 04-25-2000 12:00:00 TAB Peters
3 TAB TAB Jacobs

Loader control file

:
INTO TABLE tt
FIELDS TERMINATED BY 'TAB'
TRAILING NULLCOLS
(id integer external,
 startdate date "MM-DD-YYYY HH24:MI:SS",  surname char) Received on Sun Apr 30 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message