HELP : OAS 4.0 & Oracle Express on NT

From: <aejaz_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/04/30

Hi,

I am trying to run the example Samples application in Oracle Express Web Agent User's guide on IE 5.0 web browser. I have installed Oracle Express 6.3 along with its Web agent component. After starting Oracle Express service & installing OAS 4.0 & starting all its services & HTTP listeners from its Administrator's applet, I try to open the first page of the Samples application(it has the title: Oracle Express Web Agent {Samples}) which is opened successfully but when I click on any of the two links on that page I get a page not found error. The OAS administration applet shows that all the services are running except the Web agent & Web agent RPC services which are shown as not running(red flags). How do you start the Web agent services ? Is configuration & set up for web agent easier on Solaris ? Also I don't have access to "Oracle Express Web Products installation guide" as its link
(http://technet.oracle.com/docs/products/exp_server/doc_index.htm) is broken. I don't know whether having this guide would make any difference. I am desperately trying to make the Web interface work without any succes so far. Please let me know if anyone has encountered this problem & how did you fix it.

Thanks in advance,
Aejaz

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Sun Apr 30 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message