Re: OAS 4.0.8.1 on Compaq Tru64 UNIX 4.0F (Digital Unix 4.0F) - solution

From: <mccullocha_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 05:09:53 GMT

In article <8cggsj$11b$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   mccullocha_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> My installation of OAS 4.0.8.1 on Digital Unix
> 4.0F is failing when it comes to try to
> relink something called ntcontab.o
> , an apparently missing header file :
>
> cc: Severe: /usr/include/sys/types.h, line 77:
> Cannot find file <standards.h> specified in
> #include directive.
>
> (I did find the header file on the system but in
> a different place. I tried a link to
> make it appear where it should but that didn't
> work for some reason)
>
> My release notes specify 4.0D is required,
> maybe thats the problem, though I wouldn't
> expect a whole header file to be moved between
> minor releases.
>
> Any help very gratefully recieved. I am really
> stuck.
>
> Thanks
>
> Alan McCulloch

solution is missing O/S missing components - we thought the demo machine we were given had everything on , but it didn't.

The following procedure fixes this problem :

  • get CD containing operating system
  • need to mount as fs type ufs, not cdfs. Example of /etc/fstab entry :

/dev/rz5c /cdrom_ufs ufs ro,noversion 0 0

  • cd /
  • mkdir cdrom_ufs
  • mount /cdrom_ufs
  • setld -l /cdrom_ufs/ALPHA/BASE
  • a command-line interactive dialog follows.

  I installed : OSFINCLUDE440

                OSFLIBA440
                OSFPGMR440
                OSFCMPLRS440

  • after that OAS installs.

Next problem is that the web-based administration pages are unusable, the browser generally simply just crashes, even browsing docs, with "memory fault core dumped". (Can fix that by turning off Java, but need Java on to actually do the admin I think)

Will try upgrading Browser to 4.5.1 from 4.5.

(Oh, also I can't tnsping the database from OAS, even though I can from the DB home)

:-(

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Apr 12 2000 - 07:09:53 CEST

Original text of this message