OAS 4.0.8.1 on Compaq Tru64 UNIX 4.0F (Digital Unix 4.0F)

From: <mccullocha_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2000 23:06:06 GMT

My installation of OAS 4.0.8.1 on Digital Unix 4.0F is failing when it comes to try to
relink something called ntcontab.o
, an apparently missing header file :

cc: Severe: /usr/include/sys/types.h, line 77: Cannot find file <standards.h> specified in #include directive.

(I did find the header file on the system but in a different place. I tried a link to
make it appear where it should but that didn't work for some reason)

My release notes specify 4.0D is required, maybe thats the problem, though I wouldn't expect a whole header file to be moved between minor releases.

Any help very gratefully recieved. I am really stuck.

Thanks

Alan McCulloch

BTW - I'm new to Digital Unix, previously worked on Solaris. My subjective impression is Digital
Unix is alot less well supported and prevalent than Solaris, and my feeling is we would be more secure on Solaris.

Is this at all a valid point of view ? I'd be very happy to be wrong about this !

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Apr 06 2000 - 01:06:06 CEST

Original text of this message