Re: Export bigger than 2 GB

From: Andrew Williamson <andrewweb_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 12:23:31 +0100

You could try compressing it as it exports?

/usr/sbin/mknod /tmp/export_pipe p
compress < /tmp/export_pipe > /tokeep.dmp.Z & or
gzip -c < /tmp/export_pipe > /tmp/tokeep.dmp.gz &

and then export to file '/tmp/export_pipe'. Using mknod allows you to use pipes where you otherwise couldn't. Once the export finishes, the compression process finishes automatically. You can use the same process to import from it if need be.

Andrew