Re: Change Control / RCS / PVCS

From: Leo Albers <lalbers_at_inter.NL.net>
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2000 20:02:44 +0200

Paul,

[Quoted] We use RCS version 5.7 on the Unix box for several types of files. Transfer (drap&drop) between NT and the Unix box is done using a NFS link. For Oracle Forms(forms/menus), Reports and Libraries we build 2 scripts to replace "co" and "ci".
[Quoted] Using a "variable" in a form,report or library will store the RCS info like $Id: $ when the file checked-out of RCS. This enables you to display program version info at any time. The scripts take the binary input like, *.fmb, *.mmb, *.pll, *.rdf and convert them into ASCII.
The reason that we wan't only "ASCII" files loaded into RCS...because it causes a less problems and storage.

And yes....CI-RCS http://www.ComponentSoftware.com/csrcs recommended by Andy Hardy looks very promissing.

Regards,
Leo Albers
EDS Venray