Re: How Compile all the objects

From: Valeri Sorokine <vsorokin_at_dd.ru>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2000 13:10:15 +0400

Hi Sandy,

Try to use sys.dbms_utility.compile_schema procedure:

  procedure compile_schema(schema varchar2);

  • Compile all procedures, functions and packages in the specified
  • schema. After calling this procedure you should select from view
  • ALL_OBJECTS for items with status of 'INVALID' to see if all objects
  • were successfully compiled. You may use the SQLDBA command "SHOW
  • 'INVALID' objects.
  • Input arguments:
  • schema
  • Name of the schema.
  • Exceptions:
  • ORA-20000: Insufficient privileges for some object in this schema.

But remember to use capital letters for schema name...

Hope that helps.

--
Valeri Sorokine
Oracle Certified Application Developer, Rel.2