LANGUAGE problem with Forms 3.0 / Oracle 7.2.3 on Digital/compaq Unix

From: <michaelward_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2000 13:37:51 GMT

Hello.

I have been trying to get accents (and other 8 bit chars) to work with Forms 3.0.16.12.9 on Digital (Compaq) Unix 4.0F with no luck (we have been using Forms 3 en SunOs and VMS with no problems for years).

Oracle provided a patch for bug 224139/194257 but still no change and they can't seem to help because nobody knows much about Forms 3.0 in Oracle.

The basic problem is that when I enter, for example and accented letter (ó, é, etc) this appears without the accent and when I fetch these characters from the database they are also converted back to ordinary letters when displayed in a form.

ANY information will be very much appreciated as have been stuck for a long time and the issue is critical as have to move Forms to new platform

Michael Ward
DBA Aluar Argentina
mward_at_aluar.com.ar

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Mar 21 2000 - 14:37:51 CET

Original text of this message