Re: ERROR: 12203

From: BM <goodman5_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2000 14:39:13 GMT

That would help, sorry. I have the Oracle Tools CD Pack v5. (19 CDs). I am running on WindowsNT 4 workstation SP 4. It is connected to an NT 4 server, but I'm trying to run everything from the workstation. No manual was sent with the package, just a basic install intruction.

There are several of the .ora files but I don't know which one to modify or what statements to put in or what to add to the registry.

Thanks.
"Sybrand Bakker" <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl> wrote in message news:953367898.11963.0.pluto.d4ee154e_at_news.demon.nl...
You'll need to configure sqlnet or set the registry variable ORACLE_SID appropiately. As you don't provide any information about your installation (do you have personal oracle or a client/server situation) it is very difficult to resolve your problem.
12203 means there's no network connection to the host. sqlnet is configured in sqlnet.ora, listener.ora and tnsnames.ora. Upon client connection tnsnames.ora is used. But of course, that's all in the manual.

Hth,
Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA

I'm new to Oracle and have just installed the tools. When I run the SQL*plus and attempt to use the scott/tiger combo. I get Error:Tns-12203 unable to connect error. I'm just not sure what file I should edit to point it the Oracle Home directory if I'm thinking correctly.

Any help would be appreciated.

Daniel