Re: ERROR: 12203

From: Jerry Gitomer <jgitomer_at_erols.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2000 02:39:32 -0500

On Sat, 18 Mar 2000, BM wrote:
>>I'm new to Oracle and have just installed the tools. When I run the SQL*plus and attempt to use the scott/tiger combo. I get Error:Tns-12203 unable to connect error. I'm just not sure what file I should edit to point it the Oracle Home directory if I'm thinking correctly.
>
>Any help would be appreciated.
>
>Daniel

[Quoted]         Did you set up your tnsnames.ora file? If not go to the NET easy config icon (the name is different on Oracle 7 and Oracle 8, but it is usually [Quoted] the second icon from the bottom.) and configure the file.

        Did you start the listener? If running on NT check the services to make sure that the listener is started automatically. You can also start the [Quoted] [Quoted] listener from a command line by specifying the full path name for the listener [Quoted] followed by START. Should be something like:

C:\orant\bin\lstnrctl start

HTH

--
Jerry Gitomer
Once I learned how to spell DBA, I became one