Designer 6 Install Problem

From: Nick Yeast <club11_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 10:21:35 -0600

[Quoted] I am trying to install Designer 6 on an NT4 machine. The machine already has Oracle 8.0.5 installed, and Developer 4.5. I am [Quoted] installing without the preconfigured repository. The installation is being run from files downloaded from technet.oracle.com

My problem is that install halts with a message box advising me to shut down all Oracle services. I have shut down all Oracle services; in fact, all non-essential services of every kind - but still get this error. The error occurs (apparently) when installer attempts to install or update core40.dll.

Can anyone assist? Thanks much in advance!!

Nick Received on Thu Mar 16 2000 - 17:21:35 CET

Original text of this message