Urgent: Clustering Oracle Service for MTS

From: Vincent Cheung <vin-cheung_at_ctimail3.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 02:55:27 +0800

Hi all,

I'm now doing a project with quite a rare combination of products including: Oracle 8.1.5 for NT, MTS 2.0, IIS 4.0 and Microsoft cluster. Currently I know how to make MTS 2.0, IIS 4.0 and an Oracle database instance to run on the cluster environment, however I can't make the layer "Oracle service for MTS" to be protected by MSCS. The reason is I can't make more than 1 "Oracle service for MTS" for one database instance, however, MSCS requires the services to be identical on both nodes in order to be protected.

Did any one have any clues on this? please help.

Vincent Cheung. Received on Wed Mar 15 2000 - 19:55:27 CET

Original text of this message