Re: Oracle Report Builder (probably a FAQ - sorry)

From: Pascal Glauser <glauser_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 21:27:47 GMT

Hicnar,

You have to make a new group in your Data Model, assign a new Repeating Frame to it and set maximum Records per Page for that Repeating Frame to 1.

In distinct steps:

  1. Make sure your query includes a field with the year of birth, lets say birthyear.
  2. Make the new group in Data Model by dragging birthyear between the query and the existing group below the query. That gives a new group that you should name g_year, e.g.
  3. Make a new Repeating Frame around your existing Repeating Frame corrensponding to the existing group. Rename the new R.F. to r_year.
  4. Make g_year the source of r_year.
  5. Enter 1 as Maximum Records per Page in r_year.

Consult the online-help with the keyword groups-about.

HTH
Pascal

In article <d_2z4.17799$Sf1.433614_at_news.tpnet.pl>, "Hicnar" <khycnar_at_bitbank.net.pl> wrote:
> Hi,
> I've got a problem with Report Builder for Win9x/NT.
> I need to force data satisfying specified conditions to be placed
starting
> from new pages.
>
> 4 example: Information about people begin from a new page of the
report, and
> the condition is a year of birth, that means - I wanna have all the
people
> born in say 1974 printed starting from a new page, and the same with
people
> born in 1975 and so on.
>
> thanks for any help
> Hicnar

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Mar 13 2000 - 22:27:47 CET

Original text of this message