Re: Designer 2000 V.6 Question.

From: DanHW <danhw_at_aol.com>
Date: 10 Mar 2000 02:35:04 GMT

>Hi, I need to use text item (display item) for all my label, because I could
>change my label in the forms.. So, Can I easly configure Designer to
>generate no label item, and replace them by non-based display item . ??
>
>Also, can I easly configure the generator, to run a database package that
>will run at the pre-form trigger (or when-new-form-instance) and put the
>information into those display item. ?? I want that to be automaticaly
>generated with designer..

Yes you can... the label is actully the prompt_text property of the text item by the time it gets to Forms; you can use the set_item_property to set the prompt_text for each item in the when-new-form-instance trigger, effectively ignoring whatever you have entered in Designer. You will need to figure out how the form is supposed to get the right text to display at runtime however (table-driven?). Also, you may need to be sure that the place where the prompt is going to be displayed is big enough...

Dan Hekimian-Williams Received on Fri Mar 10 2000 - 03:35:04 CET

Original text of this message