Re: Oracle Migration Assistant for MSAccess

From: jbraddock <jbraddockNOjbSPAM_at_sockets.net.invalid>
Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2000 11:18:17 -0800

We didn't have much luck with the Access migration tool. If I recall, it's for Access95, not Access97 which is what we had. We did get it to work by hitting ignore for the errors, but it took over a week to complete the transfer (granted, there were 3million records to transfer). We have since written a little VB program to do the transfer using ODBC to hit Access and Oracle. Last time we ran the conversion, it was under 5 hours.

  • Sent from RemarQ http://www.remarq.com The Internet's Discussion Network * The fastest and easiest way to search and participate in Usenet - Free!