Re: Pb using UTL_FILE.PUT_LINE or PUT

From: Yeb Havinga <yhavinga_at_cs.utwente.nl>
Date: 7 Mar 2000 18:41:49 GMT

Try FOPEN( dir, filename, 'w', 32767 )
Now you can write up to the enormous amount of 32767 characters.

I could not write more than 32767 characters to a file. I would say that the existence of a 'flush buffer' function, which seems to do nothing at all, together with the naming of the fourth parameter of fopen the 'buffer size', hints me in the direction that UTL_FILE can write file bigger than 32767 bytes, but apparently I am stupid, or UTL_FILE sucks.

I was using 8.1.6 on sunos 5.7.

  • Yeb

bagnouls_at_hotmail.com wrote:
: Hi,

: I need to write a unique line that contains more than 1024 characters
: into a file. The functions PUT_LINE or PUT raise an exception when I try
: to do this.

: Does anyone have a solution for that problem ?

: Cyril (I'd rather have a answer by EMAIL please, thanks a lot)
: bagnouls_at_hotmail.com

: Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
: Before you buy.