Re: API to modify Forms objects???

From: <oosphere_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/03/01

Forms has an API :
Does this mean that I can call the Forms function from an external C program ?

What I have to do in my C program is :
- Call RunForm
- Call Forms functions like 'NEW_FORM', 'CALL' or 'CALL_QUERY' in the running RunForm program

Do you think, it's possible ?
(I am using SQL*Forms 3)

thanx

In article <886s4p$2s8$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   coakleyj_at_hotmail.com wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Forms has an API - As far as I know,you could
 actually build entire
> forms using C and these APIs, rather than using
 the Forms
> Designer/Builder.
>
> Thus, I'd expect that you can make

 modifications through this API as
> well. The API is mentioned in the back of the
 Forms Advanced Manual.
> As far as I know, modifying the .fmt file aint
 such a good idea, as
> Oracle do not support this.
>
> Let me know what you do.
>
> Coakleyj
> In article

 <950369533.2286.0.pluto.d4ee154e_at_news.demon.nl>,
 wrote:
> > The only backdoor I see (but you'll probably
 need to investigate
 further, as
> > my knowledge of forms is a bit rusty):
> > In forms 3.0 it was possible to save forms in
 the database. I know
 they
> > didn't deleted this option, and I know those
 tables are documented.
> > So this would involve updating the forms
 repository directly (always
> > dangerous) getting the form from the database
 and rebuild it. As the
 forms
> > are in a table it should be possible to
 generate a script for this.

> > Hth something,
> >
> > Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA
> >
> > Ping <Kris.Lemaire_at_ping.be> wrote in message
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > We have a couple of hundred forms with
 objects that have to be
 changed,
 the
> > > objects are not referenced.
> > > (Eg : some LOV have to be resized)
> > > Normally we have to open them manually,
 modify, rebuild and save.

> > > My question :
> > > Is there an API to access and modify the
 object in an fmb?
> > > Is there a document that describes the
 format of an fmt file?
> > > Or is there any other way to solve this
 painful problem
 automatically?

> > > Tnx in advance,
> > >
> > > Kris
> > >

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Mar 01 2000 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message