Re: Other options than C++ to write Oracle8 databases

From: <tbf_at_cn.stam.dk>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 14:01:57 GMT

On Mon, 14 Feb 2000 22:04:52 GMT, "Chris Leppink" <cleppink_at_rjgordon.com> wrote:

I would recommend Delphi (you know the Oracle in Delphi) from Borland. The programming language is a much extended pascal, and it is very easy to build good user interfaces. Data handling of course is very efficient using pascal or using SQL in visual components ´designed to make DB acces easy.

You have a choice of bying the Client/server (I think it is now called Enterprise) version with build in Oracle connection og the much cheaper professional version, where you can use a third party database interface.
I have chosen the last solution and am using the Direct Oracle Acces package from www.allroundautomations.nl

yours
Hans Erik Busk Received on Tue Feb 22 2000 - 15:01:57 CET

Original text of this message