From database to graphical structure schema

From: Tim Blommerde <T.Blommerde_at_its.tudelft.nl>
Date: 2000/02/17

[Quoted] [Quoted] Dear Oracle users and administrators,

[Quoted] Since a few weeks I've been assigned as Oracle administrator at the small software company I work for. This because our former Oracle guru suddenly, [Quoted] after 10 years, decided to finally complete his computer science degree. I [Quoted] [Quoted] was assigned because I used to do all the coding that involved SQL and query [Quoted] writing. So now I'm faced with a rather difficult and complicated task, I [Quoted] doubt I will master in a few weeks.

[Quoted] One of the first things I'd like to do now, besides grabbing a couple of good Oracle books and starting skimming through them, is making a good, graphical map of the currently used databases. Our former dba did not really like documentation and used to have everything in his head. But because I can't detach and use his head without killing the man, I'd like to [Quoted] make good, preferably graphical, documentation on the used tables, their [Quoted] [Quoted] primary keys, relations, constraints etc. So here comes my question. Are there any tools that make it easier to do such a thing, without having to use Star Office for creating nice boxes, arrows, information and other things. Is there maybe a tool which can create a database layout from just [Quoted] connecting the tool to the database?

[Quoted] [Quoted] Hopefully you can help me, and if not, atleast thanks for reading.

Yours sincerely,
T.Blommerde Received on Thu Feb 17 2000 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message