Re: Oracle Web Forms and Lotus Domino

From: Oracle Enterprise Internet Tools Product Management <no_replies_at_uk.oracle.com>
Date: 2000/02/17

Oracle Developer Server 6 will run in the static implementation mode with ANY listener
that supports HTTP.

This assumes that you only want to run ODS on one machine and don't want to load
balance between those machines.

Up to release 6 you need Oracle Application Server to load balancing with ODS (this is
known in the notes as Metrics Server and Metrics Client) - the reason you need
OAS is because the OAS forms cartridge provides an environment variable called
LEASTLOADEDHOST this is not accessible outside of the OAS env.

In the forthcoming release 6i we will be removing this requirement by supplying a cgi
that will do the load balancing for you and can be deployed on any web server that supports
cgi.

If you want to get a trial beta copy download it from technet.oracle.com

--
Regards

Jason

__

  Jason Pepper - Enterprise Internet Tools Product Management
__