Re: API to modify Forms objects???

From: <coakleyj_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2000 18:11:38 GMT

Hi.

Forms has an API - As far as I know,you could actually build entire forms using C and these APIs, rather than using the Forms Designer/Builder.

Thus, I'd expect that you can make modifications through this API as well. The API is mentioned in the back of the Forms Advanced Manual. As far as I know, modifying the .fmt file aint such a good idea, as Oracle do not support this.

Let me know what you do.

Coakleyj
In article <950369533.2286.0.pluto.d4ee154e_at_news.demon.nl>,   "Sybrand Bakker" <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl> wrote:
> The only backdoor I see (but you'll probably need to investigate
further, as
> my knowledge of forms is a bit rusty):
> In forms 3.0 it was possible to save forms in the database. I know
they
> didn't deleted this option, and I know those tables are documented.
> So this would involve updating the forms repository directly (always
> dangerous) getting the form from the database and rebuild it. As the
forms
> are in a table it should be possible to generate a script for this.
>
> Hth something,
>
> Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA
>
> Ping <Kris.Lemaire_at_ping.be> wrote in message
> > Hi all,
> >
> > We have a couple of hundred forms with objects that have to be
changed,
> the
> > objects are not referenced.
> > (Eg : some LOV have to be resized)
> > Normally we have to open them manually, modify, rebuild and save.
> >
> > My question :
> > Is there an API to access and modify the object in an fmb?
> > Is there a document that describes the format of an fmt file?
> > Or is there any other way to solve this painful problem
automatically?

> > Tnx in advance,
> >
> > Kris

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Sun Feb 13 2000 - 19:11:38 CET

Original text of this message