Re: VB6 and Oracle8

From: <sboucher_at_msn.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2000 10:04:51 GMT

In article <881mus$1gj$1_at_bob.news.rcn.net>,   "John N" <jn14624_at_yahoo.com> wrote:
> I have Oracle8 running in an NT4 server and with VB6 installed in the
same
> sever.
> I want to connect to the database named students, and the user is
> scott/tiger to work on front end for the students database.
> Anybody knows the procedure?
> Thanks in advanced
>
> --
> I breath, ergo I exist ...
> John Nunez
>
> Add the ado control or use an odbc conenction. Is using ado use the
OleDb for Oracle and this should work fine.

To add the Ado control, go to Project, Components, Then MS ado Data Control(Ole DB)> Also add the other controls with OleDB in parantheses.

Scott

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Sat Feb 12 2000 - 11:04:51 CET

Original text of this message