Calling Procedures/Functions dynamically

From: Ajay Madan <ajay_madanNOajSPAM_at_usa.net.invalid>
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2000 06:38:26 -0800

[Quoted] My application is in Oracle8i(server) with Developer6 as Front End. The application requires that PL/SQL procedures and Functions be called dynamically. The procedure names are stored in a table which will be queried and executed.

The problem is that although there are built-ins which return the value stored in a variable, we do not know how to execute the Procedure name returned by the variable without hardcoding the value.

return_value := (name_in('Parameter.procname'))

A statement like the one above only returns the proc/function name but does not execute it.

How can we execute the 'Proc/Function name' returned?

  • Sent from AltaVista http://www.altavista.com Where you can also find related Web Pages, Images, Audios, Videos, News, and Shopping. Smart is Beautiful