Re: Oracle Tools to manage version control

From: Simon Hedges <shedges_at_hhhh.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: 2000/01/30

> >Does anybody know of an Oracle or 3rd party tool that manages version
> >control of ddl?
> >
> >i.e. We have different ddl for different versions of our software for
> >different clients - Is there a tool that could help us manage our ddl
> >better.
> >
> >Does the latest version on Oracle designer have version control of ddl?

No, version 6 has no CM facilities. We use PCVS Version Manager. However, Version 6.5 of Designer (Oracle say this will be out in the Spring) will have full configuration management of any file and also of DB Design objects.
So if you have Designer already, it may be worth hanging for Version 6.5.

If you don't have Designer already, it's not worth buying just for its new Configuration
Management utilities.

Simon Hedges
Gloucester
UK Received on Sun Jan 30 2000 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message