Re: Trouble installing JDBC driver for Java 1.2 in Solaris

From: <lazymoo_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/01/29

Yes and we have the same problem too, with Solaris, Oracle7.3 and a really simple program. The hint with LD_DEBUG="libs" helped us tofind the following error message:

 relocation error:
file /opt/jdk122/lib/liboci73jdbc.so: symbol makeJavaString: referenced symbol not found

So the problem is not to find the library, but to find a symbol within this library. My theory is, that the jdk1.2.2 calls another function in the Oracle shared library than jdk1.1 would do. The only solutions I can imagine is to go back to jdk 1.1.x or to use a generic driver which is not from Oracle.
Any other suggestions or solutions?

Cheers, Daniel

In article <86lcmg$6qe$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   shazam5_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> We are having the same problem. I wrote a simple
> Java program (not a servlet) so that the server
> wouldn't be involved. It compiles but I get the
> same error he does (see below) when I run it.
> I found an old post in the oracle site that
> suggested setting LD_DEBUG="libs" and this
> revealed that libclntsh.so.8.0 could not be
 found.
> I found it and added it to my CLASSPATH and
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH. Then it couldn't find
 libwtc8.so.
> I cannot find this library (or anything spelled
> similarly) on the system. Unfortunately, I
 cannot
> find this library mentioned on the Web (google,
> deja, and oracle's site), either.
>
> I am not familiar with Solaris and the sys admin
> is not either, and is out of the office this
 week.
> I have noticed that we have 8.1.5, while the
 JDBC
> Drivers are for 8.1.6 (the readme says, these
 are
> "Client-side JDBC for use on a machine where
> OCI 8.1.6 is installed.")
>
> I am wondering if the version difference is what
> is wrong, or if there is anything else I'm
 missing,
> or if there is another debug tool of some sort.
> Like David, any help will be greatly

 appreciated.

> Suzanne
>
> In article <86i575$pqk$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,
> ig88a_at_mindspring.com wrote:
> > Greetings,
> >
> > I am having difficulty in installing the JDBC
 8.1.6 drivers for
> > Java 1.2/Solaris (in a Servlet environment.)
> >
> > What I've done so far is to copy everything
 under $ORACLE_HOME
> > into my personal directory (so I don't mangle
 anyone else.) Here
> > I put the classes12.zip and nls_charset12.zip
 into $OH/java/lib
> > and libocijdbc8.so into $OH/lib.
> >
> > When I run our test, we get:
> > [Mon Jan 24 12:46:39 EST 2000]

 java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no
> > ocijdbc8 in java.library.path
> >
> > (If I don't replace the libocijdbc8.so, I get
> > [Mon Jan 24 13:18:21 EST 2000]

 java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError:
> > make_c_state
> > which makes me believe the $OH and lib path
 are
 all set up right.)

> > Am I missing something obvious here?
> >
> > Any and all help would be very much
 appreciated.

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Sat Jan 29 2000 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message