Re: Trying to Create Named Foreign Keys in ER-Win

From: Van Messner <vmessnerNOvmSPAM_at_discovernet.com.invalid>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2000 05:31:23 -0800

   I don't have ERwin here in front of me - this client uses Designer. But don't give up. You can definitely name them in ERwin. I think you just click on the foreign key relationship line in the E/R diagram and you'll get a dialog box that you can fill in with various attributes including the name. Or try right-clicking on the relationship line.

   Also, at the very least ERwin allows you to capture the creation of any database object as a script instead of doing the actual creation. Then you can just modify the script and run it in SQL*Plus.

Van

  • Sent from RemarQ http://www.remarq.com The Internet's Discussion Network * The fastest and easiest way to search and participate in Usenet - Free!