Re: OAS 4.0 + NT4.0 + Svc Pak4.0

From: Bill Coulam <bcoulam_at_usa.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 13:55:44 -0700

All I can see is James' reply. If you're still looking for your answer... 4.0.7 was incompatible with SP4. You needed the special y<name?>.dll patch or upgrade to 4.0.7.1. I'm sure both will be unsupported soon. And unfortunately, 4.0.8.1 only runs on the 40-bit version of SP5. SP6 is just wrong until Oracle says they have certified OAS on it. Skip 4.0.8 altogether. It is one of the buggiest releases of anything from Oracle I've ever experienced. I've applied three patches on top of 4.0.8.1 and have finally gotten my production system back to where it was on 4.0.7.1.