Re: Oracle8i with Corba question

From: <pradipa_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 15:36:15 GMT

I just started my research on this subject and I'd like to know 2 things:
1) Is it also possible to communicate from PL/SQL in Oracle8i/UNIX to external CORBA
objects/services?
2) We need to be able to talk to a COM server ultimately. We're planning to use Visual Edge/EnterpriseServer to brige from CORBA/COM. Does anyone have experience getting this setup to work?
Thanks,
Pradipa

In article <387AD8EE.8336C4C3_at_direct.ca>,   Lane <laneshen_at_direct.ca> wrote:
> With Oracle8i, we can implement Corba services
within Oracle database.
> Client can call such service by establishing a
session with Oracle
> server. Now we have Corba services running on
Unix (outside oracle
> database). We want to use Java stored procedure
to call such services
> within Oracle database. Can we do it? How to do
it?

> Thanks
> Lane

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Jan 20 2000 - 16:36:15 CET

Original text of this message