Re: Report Builder: ORA-00000 Error - Help

From: Valeri Sorokine <vsorokin_at_dd.ru>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 18:48:45 +0300

Hello Gigio,

Gigio wrote:

> Sorry, Valeri!
> I am not very skilled in Report Builder... I think you already
> understood this! :)

That's okay, nobody is skilled enough... :-)

> Weel, I am trying to create a master detail relation among a parent
> query and two different child queries. I cannot create a unique query
> because the two child queries are not related between them.

[Quoted] [Quoted] If you call them 'child queries' it means that they have foreign keys to the parent table? Maybe they have just similar columns?

Please give me more info, please.

I think you shouldn't edit datalinks properties... Just create them and look at the result. Perhaps it'll be enough...

Hope that helps.

> So I am
> trying to create 2 "manual" joins with 2 data links. It seems that the
> join between the child and the parent column doesn't function or there
> a strange value which let it fail.... Bah!
> Have you experienced any troubles in a similar situation?
> Again... thanks, thanks, thanks!!!
> Gigio

Valeri Sorokine
Oracle Certified Application Developer, Rel.2
ProSoft, Russia, Moscow, Information Systems Division
Phone: +7 (095) 234 0636 ; FAX: +7 (095) 234 0640
E-mail: vsorokin_at_dd.ru   ; http://www.dd.ru