Re: Developer 6.0 vs 2.1 differences?

From: Robin Quasebarth <robinq_at_digitalpoint.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2000 07:22:02 -0800

>>VdWal wrote:

> >>We are using at this moment Developer v2.1 with a lot of code for forms 5.0.
>
> >>(No internet useage, dbms 7.3.4)
> >>I should like to know if it is useful to start developing with Developer
> >>v6.0.

    Yes, if you are headed to Web deployment.

> >>* Can I migrate easily , or do I have to do a lot of work?

    Yes, No.

> >>* What are the profitable differences?

     Speed is one. Being able to view in Web mode while developing is very helpful.

> >>* Is OLE with Word better then in version v2.1?
> >>
> >>- We don't want to migrate directly to Oracle 8
> >>- Cliënt-server with Windows 95,98 and NT is at this moment the only used
> >>platform.
> >>- In the future it is nice to move to browser technology, but at this moment
>
> >>we don't wont to spend time in this move.

    The cost of desktop support seems much higher with Client/Server unless you only have a few users.

    Our worldwide web deployment was incredibly painless compared to trying to connect just a few district

    offices via Client/Server. rq Received on Mon Jan 17 2000 - 16:22:02 CET

Original text of this message