Re: Master/Detail Problem

From: <wozi_at_dhc.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2000 14:23:32 -0800

sboucher_at_msn.com wrote in message <855h6e$88c$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>...
>I created a master/detail form with Docket_ID as the link between the
>two.
>
>When I query a record everything works great. If after querying a
>record, I want to input a new record, the Docket_ID in the detail area
>still has the Docket_ID from the previously queried record. If I click
>on Delete record icon in the detail area then the Docket_ID in the
>detail area matches the Docket_ID in the Master
>
>How can I ensure the moment I input a new Docket_ID in the MAster the
>Detail Docket_ID automatically populates with the Master's Docket_ID.

I usually don't include the linking field in the detail canvass because in your case,
the docket_id in the detail should have the property COPY_VALUE_FROM set to the docket_id in the master.

So, as others have suggested, as you enter enter value in the master, it is automatically copied to the detail field in the deatail block.

good luck Received on Fri Jan 14 2000 - 23:23:32 CET

Original text of this message