Re: Pro*C on Oracle 8i/Linux dumps core

From: root <Rich_at_palestrina.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 09 Jan 2000 02:14:37 +0000

Joe Hopkins wrote:

> Is anyone else experiencing the same thing and wishing deeply for orainst
> or am I losing my touch?

I can relate to your frustrations. I'm suffering the same problems! This is basically the situation with me:

I've installed Oracle 8.1.5EE on vanilla RH6.0, with little trouble. The problems come when I try to use the precompiler...

1)
At first, when I ran proc with any file, it kept segfaulting. Upon examinationi with strace, this turned out to be due to proc trying to open precomp/mesg/pcpus.msg and then trying to read from it. This file doesn't exist, so it's understandable that proc got upset. To see what would happen I linked pgpus.msg and pcpus.msb to pcpus.msg and pcpus.msb. It appears to work, although I'm sure it's wrong. Does anyone know the proper fix?

2)
I tried to compile sample1.pc (and a couple of other files) and I got the following error:

---
INTERNAL_ERROR: Failed assertion [PGE Code=90105]
Segmentation fault
---
The command line I used is:
proc include=/usr/include/linux
include=/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-redhat-linux/egcs-2.91.66/include parse=partial
sample1.pc

If anyone can throw any light on the subject I'll be eternally grateful.

Cheers,
Rich.