Re: Help with Developer 2000 installation

From: Brian W. Chester <bwchester_at_home.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2000 15:16:12 GMT

Hi,

A quick question, what version of developer are you attempting to install? Version 1.3x? 2.x?
Could you check the version of the installer on each of the products. Certain versions of the installer are not Y2K compliant and cause problems - updates are available!

NT would be a better platform. I have not personally had any problems with O8 v8.0.4 with developer 6.1 on 98, but do prefer the performance on NT. (I am not an advocate for NT. Personally I think it is too big and takes too much resources but it works great with test environments with oracle tools and databases!)

If you want the latest version of developer with a development only license (great to learn on) you can obtain a copy from technet.oracle.com. Signup and become a member. It is free!

Brian.