forms 6.0 : testing uniqueness in multiple record block

From: Luc Vandormael <luc.vandormael_at_yucom.be>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 1999 20:32:12 +0100

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a way to check the uniqueness of a new entered record in a multiple record base table block. I want to do the check as soon as possible that is, when the user leaves the new entered record (with keyboard or mouse navigation). The problem is that a new entered record or any modfication in an existing record will only be 'visible' by a select statement on the base table after a post or a commit action. During keyboard navigation (eg next-record,etc) I could force the post statement followed by the uniqueness check in the corresponding key triggers but during mouse navigation, I cannot use this method : the post statement cannot be used in a When-validate-record, post-record, post-block,... because it is a restricted statement.

How could I solve this problem ?

Thx in advance for your help.

Luc Received on Tue Dec 28 1999 - 20:32:12 CET

Original text of this message