Re: ora-error 7445

From: Rick Wessman <rwessman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 28 Dec 1999 12:35:35 -0500

Francesco Dini <dini.f_at_adr.it> writes:

> --------------E777667F81B1496BA26DC1E2
>
> Can something explain me this:
>
> Tue Dec 28 11:52:10 1999
> Errors in file /disk2/app/oracle/product/admin/chsa/udump/ora_28001.trc:
>
> ORA-07445: exception encountered: core dump [11] [0] [0] [0] [] []
>
> This is the system platform and the DB:
>
> HP-UX adrsam B.10.20 A 9000/867
>
> Oracle7 Server Release 7.3.4.0.0 - Production
> PL/SQL Release 2.3.4.0.0 - Production
> CORE Version 3.5.4.0.0 - Production
> TNS for HPUX: Version 2.3.4.0.0 - Production
> NLSRTL Version 3.2.4.0.0 - Production
>
> Thanks
> Francesco

This is a bug. The server process dumped core for some reason. Contact Oracle Support. They may already have a fix for it.

P.S. Please do not post in HTML. Many newsreaders (like mine) can't handle it.

--
                                        Rick
                                        Rick Wessman

       The statements and opinions expressed here are my own and do not
             necessarily represent those of  Oracle Corporation.