TNS - no listener on Windows 98 with Oracle lite...

From: Kim M. Lombard <kim_lombard_at_thegrid.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 1999 16:29:16 -0800

[Quoted] [Quoted] When I try to do a tcp/ip connection to my oracle 8i lite on windows98 OS I [Quoted] get the ORA-12224 error, that is I can't find a TNS listener server. (where [Quoted] can I find documentation on how to do this)??? [Quoted] [Quoted] On NT I must start ora80tns service, but under windows98 what must do i do ???

I've tried to configure the options for the listener using the Oracle Net8 Assistant exactly the same as NT (the NT Oracle 8 Enterprise works) but the [Quoted] [Quoted] [Quoted] Win 98 won't... Received on Sat Dec 18 1999 - 01:29:16 CET

Original text of this message