Form: How to avoid Record_Status change?

From: <kphuong_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1999 04:50:28 GMT

Hi all,
I have this form:
[Quoted] [Quoted] - Block ORD based on table ORD (orders)
  • Item CUSTOMER_ID based on column CUSTOMER_ID
  • Item CUSTOMER_NAME is a non database item
  • Trigger POST-QUERY of block ORD populates CUSTOMER_NAME from the [Quoted] value of CUSTOMER_ID.

The problem is, POST-QUERY trigger makes the record status change to 'CHANGED'. Therefore the form asks me "Do you want to save changes?" each time I enter-query or quit, even if I don't make any modification [Quoted] to other items.

Can you pls help me to avoid this message? Thank you very much for this.

P.S. Can I use Set_Record_Property to reset the record status back to 'QUERY' ? If so, what trigger should I put the code in ?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Dec 16 1999 - 05:50:28 CET

Original text of this message