Re: help CASCADE across tables

From: Dana Alcivare <nospam_at_nowhere.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 21:26:41 -0800

if you have both tables as blocks and you've setup a master-detail relationship you can go to the properties for the relationship. there is an item (i can't say which one right now since i'm not at my work computer) in which you can set the property to cascade. this will delete child records.

alternatively you can setup a pre-delete trigger (if you don't have the child table as a block) and delete child records with the same primary key. (this is what the first option does anyway)

this refers to dev6.

dana
alcivare_at_mindspring.com