conflicting variables (was Re: Pro*C - extra space after variables)

From: Clint Eastwood <cjundieseastwd_at_powerup.com.au>
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 1999 23:48:06 GMT

Thomas

[Quoted] In article <u8qv4sg8npulosqr57q69fsdlh6gvuoevk_at_4ax.com>, tkyte_at_us.oracle.com wrote:
>You had it as a global in your sample so yes (borrowing from your example),
>absolutely I want it static so it does not conflict with other peoples
>variables. Your code had:

I had not considered this issue befor, and it seems quite important. Does this mean that in a situation where several instances of the Pro*C code is running, that the variables in the code that are global will conflict with each other??

I would have thought that they would each have their own uarea and that they shouldn't, however I had assumed that this would also be the same on the server side.

so IF I have a global flag in a ProC program, does this mean that if more than one instance is running (we are writing an API for a CGI) that they could conflict in the database???

thanks

See Ya
(when the bandwidth gets better ;-)

Chris Eastwood                            Please remove undies for reply
Photographer, Stunt Programmer
Motorcyclist and dingbat Received on Fri Dec 10 1999 - 00:48:06 CET

Original text of this message