Re: time format always 12-hour format?

From: Jeff Guttadauro <jeff109_at_NOSPAM.netscape.net>
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 1999 19:16:23 GMT

Hi, Frank.

        Oracle stores dates in its own format, but when you wish to view them, you can do...

select to_char(datefield,'MM/DD/YYYY HH24:MI:SS') from table

...to see the time represented in 24-hour format. You can set your NLS_DATE_FORMAT to this format mask if that's how you would like dates to appear when you select them without converting them, too.

HTH,
-Jeff