time format always 12-hour format?

From: f <frank.wehrle_at_mediaaktiv.de>
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 1999 19:31:32 +0100

[Quoted] Hi everyone,

I am living and working in Germany and since here a 24 houre Time Format is usual I'd like to store times like "15:01:03". Now Oracle (I'm using 8.1.5i right now) always tells me hours have to be in between 1-12. I tried to find something in the doc, but I couldn't find anything. I got the feeling the NLS_DATE_FORMAT parameter should be capable of doing this, but I can not find an example or anything usefull.

Sure I could use the AM PM thing, but (tell it beeing used to or whatever aou like) I think the 24-Hour format is way easier to work with!

thanks in advance
Frank Received on Wed Dec 08 1999 - 19:31:32 CET

Original text of this message