Slow access to fields by ODynaset::GetValue() method of OO4O library

From: Stojan Stojanov <stojanov_at_pcs.bg>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 1999 14:56:40 +0200

Hello oracle boys. I am making a little persistent object (C++) framework for our internal needs. When I tuned the system I found that 75%-80% of the time is consummed by ODynaset::GetValue(...) (OO4O library) methods. Does someone know how to access many field values by one method call (not by many GetValue(...) calls) or some other library which has better field access perfomance (for C or C++). May the problem is not in GetValue method? May the parameters of the library (buffer size ...) have not proper values? May be the problem is somewhere else?

Thanks in advance
Stojan Stojanov Received on Thu Nov 25 1999 - 13:56:40 CET

Original text of this message