Re: Discoverer Usage/License Question

From: Connor McDonald <connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 16:59:19 +0800

Douglas Scott wrote:

> I need the ability for my users to create/execute ad-hoc queries in a
> web browser environment. I have been looking at Discoverer as a
> possibility for this, but I'm not sure what to buy and what are the
> licensing issues. I need to be able to support about 100 concurrent
> users on an Intranet. My boss says Discoverer would cost to much if he
> has to buy an end user license for every user who might use it. Does
> anyone know what you need to license to do this? Is anyone already
> doing something like this?
>
> Douglas Scott
> dsscott_at_ev1.net

You need a university degree to understand the oracle licensing for web based access...I would get Oracle in, get a quote, then jump and down about how expensive it is and try get a cheaper price...

Thats pretty much what the rest of us do... :-)

Discover Viewer (as opposed to Discoverer User) is the web-based one.

HTH

Connor McDonald
"These views mine, no-one elses etc etc"
connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com

"Some days you're the pigeon, and some days you're the statue."